About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Weekly update 19/10/11

Shocking week.
Well, I havent felt very motivated this week, and have been at my old tricks of eating chocolate or anything naughty when nobody is looking, so mid week to try and find my motivation from behind the sofa, I went clothes shopping.
I thought it might help me to see how far I have to go before a size 12 would fit.  So off I went and picked up a size 12 pair of trousers, from one of my usual shops.
I can do them up, granted they were tight, and I suspect would cut of my blood supply if I sat down, but to do them up is a big bonus.  To get them over my bum and able to skim my thighs is amazing.  This worked as an amazing motivation boost.  So back on the band wagon I went, and then I lost.... 4lbs this week.  Never have I been so shocked. I nearly fell of the scales.
I think the lesson I have learnt this week, is even if you have had a bad start to your week, getting back on the band wagon can mean you can reverse the damage in time.
This weeks challenge: To kick start my exercise routines again.  Since being ill I have found it hard to find my motivation to exercise. This week its going to change.  Im no longer ill enough or injured enough to have any excuse not to exercise.  I have also found a great groupon deal so Im joining a different gym with better classes and closer to work in the hope the motivation to exercise returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment