About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Thursday 27 October 2011

The 5 books a day habit- halloween.

I have always been a big fan of reading, and was very keen to get mini faithful into it from a young age too (I even started to read to her before she was born!).  This, it seems, has paid off.  Now she loves books and we have 2 bookshelves full to the brim of her own books.  She also has learnt (well as much as a toddler can do) to treat books with respect.  She tries to turn pages and lift flaps etc gently and we are even getting to the stage now of putting books back, so they can be kept for another day.
Anyway a lovely friend of mine, over at rainy day mum, suggested that I look at the imagination tree's 5 books a day project. So I did, and thought this was a great idea.
So this is our first 5 books a day post, and to be topical to this weeks theme (more on that later) this weeks are all (loosely) to do with halloween.
This first story is Room on the broom.  I first came across this book at work, and I loved reading it to the children there, so just had to get it for mini faithful to read, and this was my excuse!  Its possibly a bit long, but it does rhyme and repeat...


Our second choice is Funny Bones.  This is one I remember from my own childhood and adored reading.  I can actually remember some of the lines from it off the top of my head after all this time! We have had this book for a while, but it hasnt been read in a while, so its time to get it out again and have another read.


The third book of the week is Gruffalo.  This is another favourite of ours, and has been read time and time again.  Its got fab rhymes and lovely pictures.  Its also a firm favourite for the bedtime story slot.


The fourth book is slightly more of a fun easy read, its Thats not my monster.  We love the textures and the fact mini faithful can get involved in this book.  The whole collection of them is great.


And last but not least on this weeks list is Dora's Halloween Adventure.  Dora is a firm favourite in this house, due to our links to Spain, and her books/DVDs etc having some basic spanish in them.  Its a great way of teaching mini faithful some of the language without much effort.  


So thats our first list done.  Im very excited about the books we have chosen and also looking forward to telling you about our next book list next week.  



1 comment:

  1. What GREAT choices!! My daughter just loves Room on the Broom too- and can join in with lots of the rhymes now. I'm so pleased you are joining the challenge! Great to see new blog "faces" and read your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete