About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tomato Chicken and Rice

This is a recipe my mum used to make me when I still lived at home, and although mine never tastes as nice as hers (wonder if some of this is down to mother magic, and maybe not having to cook it myself!) this low fat version is still very tasty!


Ingredients
4 skinless chicken breasts
400g of tinned chopped tomatoes
2 stock cubes (chicken or vegetable)
Onion, diced
1 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp of tomato puree
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g uncooked rice

Method
1.  Pre heat a non stick saucepan
2.  Add the chicken breasts and allow to brown on both sides, once brown add the onion and garlic and cook until they are soft.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed herbs, stir before adding the one of the stock cubes in 400mls of water, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4.  Whilst the chicken and sauce is simmering cook the rice in the remaining stock cube.
5,  Once the rice is cooked, serve on the plate, before adding the chicken breast to the top and drizzling the remaining sauce over the chicken and rice.

Notes
Fat content: 3g
Calorie conent: 455 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment