About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Monday 11 July 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hello.

I have been blogging on a different site for a while now, but I have some friends on this site and the blogs look so much better, so I have decided to make the move!  I mainly write blogs on a few different subjects so thought I would introduce them here.

The thing that got me into blogging in the first place was a way to track, record and generally blog about my weight loss.  I started following Rosemary Conley in May following an epic 10 year battle with my weight.  I had tried various other forms of dieting before, but never really got anywhere, and for some reason in May I decided enough was enough.  First I tried to get some advice and help from my GP, but they were completely useless.  So I came to the conclusion, that I needed to join a slimming class, and Rosemary Conley's classes seemed to fit into my ideas the best (it includes a fitness class as well as a weigh in and chat on dieting).  I started blogging about 1 and a half months in, and its helped me keep on track so much more!  So I tend to blog on how I am doing weight loss wise, I try to include some kind of goal of the week (not weight based but on exercising or challenging my thinking) Then the following week, I report back on how I have done.  I also have a recipe of the week.  These are all low fat meals that are usually under 400 calories.

Another thing I tend to blog about is things related to my daughter, usually craft ideas or ways to entertain toddlers and children whatever the weather.  I have decided to expand this section now Im changing sites.  So Im planning on including a section on family days out (stuff we get up to on days out, where we go for days out and reviewing local attractions in relation to toddlers and young children).  I also plan on including a section on craft activities as my daughter loves craft! (I also plan on linking in with ideas from other bloggers I know or have read)  Another section on this is going to be hand and footprint art, there is so much that you can make with hand and footprints, I wanted to write down all the ones I have come across and made.  This is also a great activity whatever the age or development of the child.  Which comes to my last part of this section, which is finding fun creative activities to do with children with learning disabilities, I havent come across a lot of sites that cater for their needs, as I work with children with learning disabilities I thought I could come up with some ideas of activities which can work well for them, although can still work well with other children.

The third and final section of my blog is dedicated to reviews.  I like to review products related to things that interest me.  This mainly includes things related to children or weight loss, but I have completed and am happy to complete more reviews on other products.  If you are interested in me reviewing a product for you, then just leave your information at the bottom of this entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment