About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Weekly update 27/07/2011

Disappointed and the dreaded creche
Well, this week I lost half a pound.  Now I realise my reasons for only losing half a pound was mainly down to eating take out and doritos at the weekend, but I was still disappointed.
I felt that I had been so very good on monday, tuesday and wednesday that to only lose half a pound was unfair.  Logical thinking has never been my strong point.
Anyway, have decided that it proves to me take outs and doritos will result in weight gain (if I hadnt been good) and to get the benefit of how good I was, I should try really really hard this week…
So I finally, having made a decision of which gym to use and the logistics of getting there to join, today I have joined the GYM… I went for a package that included a creche and exercise classes.  I find going to the gym, boring and I dont work to my full potential, I need someone to kick my butt into gear and entertain me while I exercise.  I also have found doing exercise DVDs over the last couple of weeks hard, I have to do them in the evening, which means me and faithful daddy manage about an hour of time to spend together a night, and he ends up doing all the evening household jobs.  So I needed to find somewhere to dump my little madam, while I exercise.
This all worked out lovely in my head, until a few minutes ago.  I booked her in for her first creche session next friday morning.  I then realised, as I hung up the phone, she has never been left with someone she doesnt know, or in a place she doesnt know.  EVER.  In the whole 18+ months of her life.  Im now in panic central.  What if she doesnt like it.  What if I dont like it.  How will she cope.  How will I cope.
Now this is where I need the rational side of my head to kick in and point out, the creche is OFSTED registered, its in the same building I will be in, they could contact me if need be, its only for an hour, she goes to the same building for her swimming lessons so its not completely new and different.  But its not, all I keep thinking is Im leaving her. alone. with people she doesnt know.
So this weeks challenge is to find the rational side of my brain before next friday, and hope that she does ok at creche.  Rubbish challenge I realise, but its the most important at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment