About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Weekly update 20/07/2011

Veggies anyone?

 Well today was the BIG weigh in day.
I had such nerves as had put a lot of pressure on myself to lose weight this week, and……
It paid off.
3 and a half pounds off, so hit my first stone target and became slimmer of the week.
As my ‘prize’ to myself for hitting a target Im joining the gym.  This is going to hopefully help me keep up my weight loss and my motivation to lose weight.
This weeks focus is on hitting the 5 a day, my main issue is with veggies.  I hate a lot of them and can tolerate the rest with lashings of ketchup, not so good.  So I (well me and a friend) have come up with a plan….
Add fruit into my breakfast calories.
1 snack per day is a portion of fruit.
1 veggie portion at lunch (So far my ideas include soup, salads or salad sandwiches)
2 veggie portions at dinner, to get round my fear of veggies without the lovely red sauce, Im adding them into sauce based meals, for example adding grated carrot to a spag bol, or mushrooms to a curry sauce.
Im also planning my next weight target and prize…. Next target is to get to one and a half stone weight loss.  Current ideas for prize include new exercise trousers or a rosemary conley recipe book.
Later this week I will add a new recipe of the week and Im planning on measuring myself to prove that Im losing inches as well as pounds….

No comments:

Post a Comment