About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Saturday 30 July 2011

Messy Foam Play


This is an idea I came across in my day job, and thought it would transfer well to playing with little ones.  We loved playing with the different textures and generally making a mess.
What you need:
Shaving foam
Paints
Paper
Pasta and/or Rice
What to do:
We used  the highchair so that she was contained for the messy play!
Then put some shaving foam, and different coloured paints on her highchair tray so she could make a mess.
We also gave her some paper so she could make ‘pictures’ of her mess.
After she had been playing with the paints and foam for a while, we introduced some dried pasta and rice to introduce a different texture.
Other ideas
I follow a few blogs done by some friends of mine, one of them (rainy day mum) asked how others do messy play.  So I thought I would use this opportunity to say how we do messy play.  We use the highchair, when baking or doing small painting etc.  For larger messy play, water play being a great example, we use the kitchen floor.  Our kitchen floor is wipe clean and dark coloured tiles.  We do now have an issue with using the floor as we have a puppy, so painting projects on the floor are a bit of a no no.

No comments:

Post a Comment