About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Weekly update 28/09/2011

Maybe some small proof that 'fad diets' dont work?
Well after last weeks health problems, I have turned a new leaf today.  In the last two weeks I have lost 3lb, I'm pretty pleased with that weight loss all in all.
I did cheekily weigh in last friday, on leaving hospital and had lost 6lb.  But in the last few days have gained 3 of those pounds back.  To myself at least, I think this proves that 'fad diets' dont work.  Having to cut back to eating minimal calories a day (for me one small meal per day) did make me lose record weight, but then as soon as I started to eat normally again, the weight has (almost) all been gained back.  I wonder if this is what the yo-yo dieters end up doing.  Restricting their diet so much, then when they hit their goal, going back to eating normally and volia you end up weighing the same, if not more.  Before starting a new 'fad diet' to lose it all again.
This is what the 'old' me did.  Time and time again, until something clicked.
Now Im changing how I see food, and concentrating on eating healthily, like eating more fruit and vegetables, drinking a healthy amount of water per day, eating low fat foods, etc.  Yes it might take me longer to lose the weight, but there is less falling off the band wagon and its a change for life.
So with that in mind, this week Im not really setting myself much of a challenge.  Im going to carry on following my low fat, calorie counting diet and start to increase my exercise slowly.  Last night was the first time of doing aerobics since being discharged, and I did feel it, so its low impact exercising for the time being.  Hopefully next week, I will be back into the swing of things and will have a more exciting challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment