About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Monday 5 September 2011

Spinach and Potato Pie

Recipe of the week: 5th September 2011


I think what makes this recipe is the curry powder, to add a small kick.  It is a firm favourite with my daughter too.



Ingredients 
500g potatoes, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp of fat free greek yoghurt
200g fresh spinach, chopped
1 tsp of mild curry powder
50g low fat cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, sliced

Method
1. Pre heat the oven to 200c. Boil the potatoes until soft.
2. Drain well, and add the onion, garlic, yoghurt, spinach and curry powder and mash well.
3. Once fully mashed and mixed together, pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and top with the cheese and tomato slices
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.

Notes
Serves 4.
Calorie content 174
Fat content 0.8%

We served ours with seasonal vegetables, but remember this will add to the fat and calorie content.

No comments:

Post a Comment