About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Friday 16 September 2011

Is it just me?

Picture the scene...
Me and my daughter, who is 20mths, at a playgroup. After a while of playing with the kitchen set and pushing round a dolly in a buggy, the draw to the painting table is too much.  No problem, I think, there is aprons to stop her making a mess of her clothes, so off we go.On goes the apron and the painting begins... 5 minutes later we are back to wanting to play with the dolly and buggy again.  Very impressed as on taking the apron off no paint has made it onto any of our clothes, although both sets of hands need a wash.  Off we go to wash our hands, whilst getting some soap out, squirt, some of the blue soap ends up on my white top.  This seems to happen every time we go anywhere near a crafts table whilst out and about.  For some reason at home, where there is an abundance of clothes to change into this never happens.
Having spent the rest of the playgroup self-consciously looking around at the other mums, dads, grandparents or carers I have noticed none of the others have got paint or in this case soap stains on their clothes.  Even the other children have seemed to manage not to cover themselves in the stuff.  Yet there I am with a huge blue stain on my white top.
On the way home, I began to ponder, is it just me for just needs to look at a craft table to get covered, or is there a mum or carer like it at every playgroup?
I remember my mum recalling how as a child she would constantly be embarrassed at the fact all the other children look pristine at the end of school or parties or ballet class, yet I would always come away a complete mess, covered head to toe in jelly, paint and mud.  This has made me wonder, is there a genetic disposition to being a mess, or is it a learned habit? If its a learned habit, can it be un-learned, is there hope that I can actually come away from playgroups without stains?
Actually, I have a feeling I have found another person like me, looking at my daughter, she has paint on her tights and her t-shirt....

2 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time hunny, usually paint or water all down my front when out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't there this week otherwise you know both J and I would be completly covered in the stuff as he would have to wipe his hands all over me to stop them being messy.

    ReplyDelete