About Me

My photo
I am a full time mummy to an amazing but tiring little toddler of 19mths. We live with faithful daddy, and our 2 cats and 1 puppy. I also work part time as a nurse, and predominately work with children with learning disabilities. I am interested in losing weight, dieting and fitness, and have managed to lose 2 stone since May 2011. I also enjoy reviewing products, especially within the children and weight loss areas.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Weekly update 03/08/11

Liquid target


Well this week, I have hit my latest target :) This week I have lost 4lb, and have to date lost over 1 and a half stone, so Im a happy girl.

This weeks challenge is all about water.  Water is key for losing weight, as being dehydrated makes us eat more.  It also, strangely, seems to stop you becoming bloated.  There has been lots in the press recently about how much water we should be drinking in a day, Im in the 2 litres per day camp.  Although recommend drinking even more during the hotter days (if we ever get any) and when exercising.  So this weeks challenge is about making sure Im hitting my 2 litres per day target.  Im recording my results on MyFitnessPal (a brilliant app for smart phones and website, that allows you to work out the calories you are consuming in a day and also has a water section to record how much you are drinking).  My plan is to have two glasses with breakfast, two glasses during the course of the morning, two with lunch and two with dinner.  Fingers crossed it will help me get towards my next goal of 2 stone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment